Sisters

I do believe that I have been blessed with the three most amazing sisters a girl could ever desire. I could say that for many reasons, but for the purpose of this post, I'll stay focused...

My sisters have embraced Teeny Tears with love and enthusiasm. My sister Heather organized her family and her neighbors for a sewing fest to crank out diapers for the cause. My sister Courtney donated her digital design services to give our diaper blog a brand new look and functionality! (Isn't it beautiful?)

My sister Lyndsey really wanted to participate too, so she traced and cut out about a bazillion beautiful little diapers for Teeny Tears all by her determined little self! She then borrowed a sewing machine, but after stitching her finger to a diaper, I was able to convince her to mail the unsewn pieces to me. 'Cause I'm super grateful that way. Having the diapers already cut saved me so much time!

I was able to finish sewing them all up this weekend. The final count: 76 diapers!

40 "big" ones...
and 36 tiny ones...

The wonderful volunteers at Utah Share were very generous to provide picture and video tutorials for Teeny Tears diapers when we first launched--was it really only 2 months ago?? As our Thank You to them, this batch of diapers will be donated to their organization. They will distribute the diapers in their bereavement packages to grieving families in Davis County.  A few of the diapers are being reserved for the photogs of NILMDTS of Salt Lake.

Thank you, Lyndsey, for your magnificent contribution! Your calloused scissor-hand will bless the lives of 38 families.  Thank you to all of my wonderful sisters for embracing our project with more enthusiasm than I had any reason to expect or hope.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The diapers are so precious! Thank you for donating to my local share chapter!

Terra Cooper said...

LOVE THESE! They will be so perfect for these little angels :D

Brynleigh said...

Thank you so much, I know Share and NILMDTS are so grateful!

julz930 said...

These little diapers are absolutely precious!! As a member and volunteer with Utah Share, i know the families that are given these with love them. Thank you sooo much! julie m.

Anonymous said...

Love these!!!!Thank you for the generous gift to Utah share. I lost my daughter at 20 weeks and just having the simple pleasure of a diaper for her would have ment the world to me and my family. You were truly inspired.0:)

Brandy Jo said...

Thank You! Theyre adorable.

Jenn said...

Thanks again Megan! We are so excited to receive the diapers! You are great!

Kris said...

Thank you for doing this! I know I would have loved to have one for my baby, and I'm glad other Share families will get them.

Heather B said...

They're absolutely beautiful! Nice job, Lyndsey and Megan! And great blog look, Courtney!

Haiku Amy said...

Thanks for all your hard work and contribution. They are wonderful.