For Love of Blake and Shane

Angel mother Holly shares her story...

"I'm a mother to 6 children... 2 here on earth and 4 in heaven. In 2011 I lost two baby boys. My son Blake's heart stopped beating at 16 weeks gestation. To say we were in a shock is an understatement. With all the testing we had done, we had no answers. 

Thankfully, we were able to get pregnant shortly after losing Blake and I was having an amazing pregnancy. All was going great !! I felt wonderful !! On Dec 22, 2011 my little boy's heart stopped beating at 24 1/2 weeks. The cord was wrapped around his neck 3 times and just like that... our dreams were SHATTERED again. I was in complete shock and couldn't believe this was happening to us. Christmas was a blur and we did our best to hold it together for our older boys (8 &10). 

The night before Shane's funeral, I realized I had all of Shane's clothes that he had wore at the hospital. If I had his clothes, what was he wearing?? We contacted the funeral home and all he had was a red velvet blanket covering him in the casket. How could I let this happen?? My baby is naked!! There was nothing I could do because the casket was sealed. Laying my baby to rest naked was just awful. The guilt can be overwhelming at times and I have yet to figure out how I am going to get over this... UNTIL... I found TeenyTears Diapers. If I can help just one mother avoid the pain and guilt I feel, I did my job. It is so healing sitting at my grandmother's sewing machine (from the 1950's) and making these teeny tiny diapers for babies born too soon.

With the help of my husband and two sons, we are making our first donation of 40 diapers to the University of Princeton Medical Center in Plainsboro, New Jersey. This will be one of many donations we will make....."