For Love of Cassidy, Part #2

"Because a hospital's a hospital, no matter how small." Carrie, Cassidy's mommy.

We wrote about angel mama Carrie when she made her first delivery to a small Utah hospital. She has since provided diapers to ten additional rural Utah hospitals.

"I have a sweet place in my heart for small towns, because I lived, until I was 9, in Paragoonah, UT population 500. I now live in a pretty small town, and when I found out they only have 6 angel babies a year in my local hospital, I wanted to find somewhere else to send diapers after getting them taken care of. The list of hospitals already being served didn't have too many small hospitals, so I of course wanted to take all of the ones that didn't have adoptees! We've now gotten packages of between 2-5 sets, to 10 small hospitals in UT. The remaining one on my list is my (other) hometown, so if anyone lives in Cedar City, maybe you could take a diaper in person and hopefully get approval :)

My mom donated gender neutral material, because I realized that we wouldn't want a baby boy dressed in pink- if they only have 1 angel baby per year.
We then had a little long distance party, with my sister Kathy and cousin Heather cutting, while my mom sewed.
After my first diaper party a few months ago, I realized that I can't even thread the machine without help, so I have been cutting out diapers and sending them to friends/family to sew. I now have my own Diaper Diva, Aracely (Anna to me) who is always willing to sew for me! I sent some gender neutral cut outs to her, and with all of these helpers, we were able to get the orders filled.
We also got to deliver some in person! After meeting at my aunt's house, which is in the middle of the state, we dropped them off on the way home. I've loved thinking of parents, who are far away from official support groups, getting some special handcrafted gifts for their precious babies.
I was asked to start some sort of support group by our nurse at the hospital, so I've started a Facebook group called, "Small Angel Babies, Small Town Support." We're making care packages, sharing thoughts and ideas, and setting up diaper parties-- of course! Thanks, Teeny Tears for inspiring me in so many ways."
These 60 diapers made for angel families at 8 rural Utah hospitals have been made in loving memory of Cassidy Jane Austin.

They have been donated to:
Bear River Valley hospital in Tremonton
Beaver Valley hospital in Beaver
Brigham City Community Hospital in Brigham City
Delta Community Medical Center in Delta
Fillmore Community Medical Center in Fillmore
Garfield Memorial Hospital in Garfield
Heber Valley Medical Center in Heber
Kane County Hospital in Kanab

No comments: