For Love of Jackson

Thanks to the generous donation of fabrics from The Quilted Castle, we were able to make a shipment of 200 diapers to the volunteer photographers of Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep (NILMDTS) in Kansas City, Kansas. These special volunteers and their associates across the country provide the gift of remembrance photography to parents suffering the loss of a baby.  These diapers were sewn in loving memory of Jackson Jay Lambert, who was born too soon at just under 21 weeks gestation on June 10, 2012.  You can read more about Jackson's story on the wonderful blog his mother keeps:  Jackson's Joy -- a mother's journey through grief and hope on the wings of her sweet angel.
"We never thought we would have to go through something like this with one of our children. This experience has brought us so much closer as a family. It has made me even more grateful for my other two children and all the many blessing we have been given. Jackson will always be a special part of our family. I really feel like he has made me a better person. This has changed my perspective of life so much! I am learning how to be more compassionate and loving towards others and their needs. This sweet little boy has taught me more about that than I have learned in a lifetime. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be his mom. This experience has changed me forever and I hope to continually strive to be better. I will always miss my little boy, but I am grateful to have an angel on the other side always looking out for me!"  Kim

Jackson's angel mama Kim came to our project after receiving Teeny Tears diapers from her NILMDTS photographer.  She knows exactly how important every personal memento is to a grieving family.

 "I love that there is a group willing to provide the hospitals with these adorable, handmade diapers for little angels. We received some of these little diapers for Jackson. It was our only opportunity to put a diaper on our baby boy. It meant so much to me to know that others had lovingly made diapers that fit him perfectly. And with so many different styles and colors to choose from, I felt like I was able to 'shop' for my baby boy which is something I didn't think I would have the opportunity to do. It was very comforting in our family's time of need to receive these special gifts. 

I knew of others that have gotten involved with this group, but I didn't know where to start. Last week I found out that my stake is going to do a Relief Society service project each month and the first one was this service for 'Teeny Tears'. I really feel like it was meant to be! I know this is a group I need to be a part of. I can't wait to help make more of these special diapers for other precious angel babies."   Kim

The Sandy Central Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has a group of volunteers that meets monthly to participate in various service projects.  They are known as the S.W.A.P Committee, aka "Sisters With A Purpose."  As we discovered from some of our attendees, Kim is one of their own;  the S.W.A.P committee spent a day making diapers to donate in Jackson's memory. We matched the completed collection with a NILMDTS request on our headquarters waiting list.

This is Vanessa!  She's my amazing partner at headquarters and we love attending diapering events.  This particular gathering was in Vanessa's community.
 And this is me, Megan B!
This is sweet Kim.  Trimming and turning (and blinking, whoops!)
"One of the hardest things about losing a baby is not being able to share many memories with your child. Every moment of those few short days with Jackson was precious. One thing I have come to realize is that you cannot have too many keepsakes!"  Kim

200 diapers for 100 families in crisis.
 For love of Jackson.
Thank you once again, Quilted Castle! (Don't forget to "like" them on Facebook!)

3 comments:

Vanessa Pollard said...

On behalf of all the SWAP sisters we were so happy we could do something on behalf of the Lambert family and in memory of sweet Jackson.

Sego Lily Relief Society Activities said...

Thank you so much! This means the world to me and my family! I am so grateful to be part of such a wonderful group! :)

Nurse Heidi said...

I have a soft place in my heart for Jackson :). So glad to see so many wonderful diapers made in his memory!