For Love of Cassidy Part #4

Carrie and her "small town sewing angels" recently completed 110 diapers for angel families in Arizona and Virginia.

We had a family party to make most of the diapers for two of the hospitals that we adopted from the Teeny Tears waiting list! 
When I got to my grandma's house, this is what greeted me! My 91 year old Grandma Scott has been sewing up a storm, and my cousin found her sewing more diapers a few weeks ago! Thank you, Grandma Scott! This shipment had some of my favorite material...  The froggy diapers are my all-time favorite so far!
The Virginia hospital needed blankets as well, so my volunteers started making some of those too. My little group is always so willing to do more than first expected.  Since I'm more of the organizer, it always humbles me. Most of the blankets and diapers don't match, but they are just so precious!
My 21-month old helping me put the diapers into the bag. He's learning how to use scissors, and has cut a few diapers- right in the middle where it couldn't be fixed!! But for shipping, he was being "grown up" helpful :)
Look at these manly teens sewing/flipping! My husband was also cutting out tons of material, but he hates his picture to be taken!  But I was so happy for the help!!  ~Carrie, Cassidy's mommy
These diapers and blankets have been donated in loving memory of Cassidy Jane Austin for families at Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital in Tucson, Arizona and Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital in Nassawadox, Virginia.