For Love of Chance

"The whole reason I made these diapers is because SO many people I knew were either having miscarriages or other pregnancy issues and I had this strong desire to do anything that would help them feel like they were loved and that their angels were special and did matter. I first was going to make some hats and other baby items for the local nicu's but when I came across the picture of a diaper next to a quarter and realized that was how tiny my nephew had been when he was born I had to learn more. I went to the Teeny Tears blog and after reading about the struggle some parents had with not being able to bury their child without a diaper I felt I had to try and help babies have some dignity even in death. So I pulled out my sewing machine (which I didn't know how to use, my grandma had given it to me and I couldn't figure the stinking thing out!). I taught myself first how to use the machine and with some help from the lovely ladies on the Teeny Tears facebook page I was able to sew some diapers!

The boy diapers I made in honor of my sweet angel nephew Chance Timothy O'Camb. Born Dec. 8th 2004. This is the news article about the delivery and the ordeal surrounding my nephews' births:

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_2615184

Chance's twin is a pretty healthy 8 yr old named Luke who is into anything John Deere and frogs. He has the sweetest personality and even when he has set backs due to the complications from being born so early he finds away to make everyone smile. He has overcome many struggles just to walk and talk, he is a very strong little boy. I am amazed how happy he is even when he is suffering from seizures and broken shunts and dealing with intense physical therapy just to do the simple things we take for granted. He is a very good brother to his 5 siblings and always has a hug waiting for whoever needs or wants one."  ~Amy, auntie to an angel
72 diapers were donated for the angel families of Cassia Regional Medical Center in Burley, Idaho.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Beautiful diapers! What an inspiring story. I too am not an angel's mommy, but feel the drive that you do. Thank you for your service. Beautiful diapers! I'm sure Chance is so proud of you!