For Love of Joshua and Matthew

My neighbor and friend Nicole donated precious flannel to our project, thank you Nicole!  We took that wonderful gift and turned it over to the 11-year old scouts of the Copper Oaks Ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for cutting!  They did a marvelous job, such sweet sweet boys!
Once the scouts prepped them for sewing, Vanessa took over and whipped these little cut outs into 52 precious diapers for angel babies!
We donated them in memory of Joshua Daniel Arnold and Matthew Luke Zahniser.  
"Each hospital has a meaning to me. Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center is where I had my son Joshua. He was born sleeping on May 20, 2009 at 18.5 weeks. It is also the hospital my grandmother passed away in on August 26, 2012. Every year this hospital has an annual Baby Memorial that I attend. This year will be my 4th year going and this year, I will be giving a speech.Norfolk Sentara is the hospital I was born in and the hospital my father passed away in on January 24, 1996. Jameson Memorial is where I found out I miscarried my second child Matthew, at 8 weeks on January 2, 2011.

Joshua's full name is Joshua Daniel Arnold. He was 3.6 oz and 7 1/4" long. He was born at 10:28am on May 20, 2009. Cause of death is unknown, but he had down syndrome. He was cremated and burried on June 7, 2009 in Evergreen Memorial Park Cemetery in Portsmouth, Virginia.

Matthew's full name is Matthew Luke Zahniser. Miscarried on January 2, 2011. I found out around 1pm. Cause of miscarriage is unknown.

Both of my children are named from books of the bible. I was hesitant to name Matthew. I didn't know his gender, I thought people would think it was weird. So, he was always "Baby Z." But, after talking to people I realized it wasn't weird at all. So, my fiance Jamy and I discussed what we thought "Baby Z" would be. I felt a boy and before I told him, he said boy also. I then read Heaven is for Real and there is a paragraph where Colton talks about meeting his sister in heaven. When asked what her name was, he said she didn't have a name because she was never named. So, I'm confident in our decision to name Matthew.

Both of my children were wanted so much. They were loved the minute those tests showed pink lines, and a + sign and the words PREGNANT. I am forever changed by them and have known no greater love. I have no othwr children, except for my soon to be step children, Jamy Jr., 8, and Shirley, 9.

I run a page on facebook called Angels in Heaven (www.facebook.com/angelsinheavenpail). We sell jewelry for a friend Patty makes and she donates a portion of the proceeds to us so that we may continue providing bags. We provide information about our bags and anything I post anything I feel can help someone. If I help one person, its amazing. I've already had a woman tell me its because of my story of naming Matthew, that she named her child. I've had a woman send me alerted thanking me for all I do. Those things make all of this worth it.

I also run a support group on facebook (www.facebook.com/groups/angelsinheavensupportgroup). The people that are a part of both the page and group are an amazing and supportive group of people."  ~Michelle, Joshua and Matthew's mommy


No comments: