Clearfield 16th LDS Ward

"It all started when I was invited to help a good friend, Deborah, with a "pay it forward" project for her angel baby Easton. I was so honored to be a part of such a beautiful project. I was so touched by these teeny diapers that I couldn’t just stop there. I knew I had to do more, so I put together a humanitarian project for our LDS ward/congregation. I asked for donations and the wonderful ladies in my area did not disappoint. We ended up doing two nights of working on diapers. The first night we traced, cut, and sewed the diapers. The second night was pinning, tagging, and bagging.

 It was so good to see so many willing to spend their time to benefit someone else. I also had many phone calls asking how they could help at home when they couldn’t make it to the two nights. One in particular I want to give a special thank you to…Chris Rogers not only donated fabric and her time with making 60+ beautiful diapers, but she then made 30 matching blankets. I am in awe of her generosity. She is such an example to me and I could not have done it without her. When I began I had a goal of 400 diapers and we ended up with 472. It was more than I could ask for and I am so thankful for the ladies of the Clearfield 16th Ward Relief Society of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

 In that moment I knew I was hooked. My kids watched me night after night making diapers and they now want to help. We have decided to all continue making these diapers for as long as we are able. It is the least we can do to show support and our love to the many families with angel babies. Thank you for letting us be apart of something so wonderful." ~Tracie Fellows


Tracie and the Clearfield 16th Ward donated their diapers and teeny tiny blankets to the Teeny Tears headquarters.  We were able to make several donations to hospitals on our waiting list with their diapers!

The diapers and blankets donated by the Clearfield 16th Ward were donated in memory of angel babies gone too soon for families served by:

American Fork Hospital in American Fork, Utah
Orem Community Hospital in Orem, Utah
Greenville Hospital in Greenville, South Carolina
UPMC Magee in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania


1 comment:

Lisette said...

I love the button safety pins, adorable little detail.