For Love of Briar and Kinlee -- National SHARE

Today my rainbow daughter, 3, and I delivered our first set of diapers (8 large) to Elliot Hospital in Manchester, NH. I took this picture of my daughter holding the diapers in front of the Angel of Hope statue in the memory garden outside the hospital. I thought it was very fitting. I made the diapers in memory of her big twin sisters, Briar Hope & Kinlee Faith.
"In 2008, my husband and I were thrilled to find out after 4 years of trying for a child, we were blessed with twin girls. After the initial shock wore off of having twins, we couldn't wait to hold them in our arms 9 months later. However, our world turned upside down as they were born at 23 weeks 4 days. We didn't know it then, but later found out that I had an incompetent cervix. Our girls were beautiful and perfect! They were just too tiny to survive. 

We were able to spend an hour with Briar before she passed away in our arms. Kinlee was a bit stronger and lived 1 1/2 hours before we had to say goodbye to her as well. Something that we remember is how the nurses came in with size-appropriate little crocheted hats and pure white little dresses. We had brought the girls newborn sized hats but there is no way they would have fit. Having something to dress them in meant so much to us. Now 4 years later, after I found Teeny Tears, I am able to give back to families who are in their darkest time as we were when we had to say hello & goodbye to our precious baby girls. With each diaper I sew, I feel like I connecting with my two angel daughters." ~Tiffinie, mama to angel twins Briar and Kinlee
Elliott Hospital is served by the National SHARE Project, whose mission is to serve those whose lives are touched by the tragic death of a baby through pregnancy loss, stillbirth or in the first few months of life. Their primary purpose is to provide support toward positive resolution of grief experienced at the time of, or following the death of a baby. The support encompasses emotional, physical, spiritual, and social healing, as well as sustaining the family unit.

We are honored to serve the families supported by SHARE!  Find out more about SHARE on their website and don't forget to "like" them on Facebook!