For Love of Brody

My husband and I lost our son Brody Michael Van Riessen on August 6, 2012.  This has been such a hard experience, but we know that one of the reasons that we are doing "ok" is from programs like this.  While our hospital had certain keepsakes, they did not offer little diapers, kimono, or blankets.  I have found that one of the ways I have been healing through this process is by helping others who are going through what we have.

My sister-in-law stumbled across your blog and sent me the link.  We are very thankful for your sewing patterns and for you sharing your ideas.  I wanted to donate diapers for our local hospital, Ozark Medical Center in West Plains, Missouri.  This was where we delivered our son and where the nurses were so understanding and helpful to us during this process. They were the sweetest and you could just tell they wanted to do all they could for us.

I knew that making these diapers would be a huge part of my healing process and I am so proud to donate them in Brody's honor! My hope is that he is proud of me every second of every day. In his short 20 weeks he has changed my life and made me a better person so I am so thankful to him for that.

Our friends and extended family came together for this project!  We donated 136 diapers to Ozark Medical Center in memory of Brody, handcrafted by the Van Riessen, Taylor, and Newbury families and their friends.  ~Brandy, mommy to Brody