For Love of Kenley

"In the time since I joined Teeny Tears Bereavement Facebook group in March, I have made three deliveries to four hospitals. To date, I have delivered 324 diapers (162 sets) with more being added to my stockpile every day. 

I was able to personally deliver diapers to Western Regional Medical Center in Cumberland, MD, and mailed diapers to Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis, MD, and a joint donation to Manatee Memorial Hospital and Lakewood Ranch Medical Center in Bradenton, FL. I grew up in Bradenton, FL, so the last donation was especially meaningful to me. 

I make these diapers in loving memory of Kenley Evelyn Wood, who was stillborn on February 25, 2013 to Rebecca and Michael Wood, in Cocoa, FL. Rebecca was my ‘big sis’ in Kappa Delta, a sorority at Florida Southern College, in Lakeland, FL. Near the end of a very routine pregnancy, Rebecca and Michael went in for a check-up at 36 weeks and were devastated to discover that Kenley had died due to a cord injury. Rebecca encouraged her friends on Facebook to ‘like’ Cherishing the Journey, an infant loss support group that supplied Rebecca with a memory box for Kenley. Through this organization, I found Teeny Tears and my diaper-making began! 

When making these diapers I feel like I am truly making a difference to families going through the worst moments of their lives and I am honored to use my sewing skills for such a great charity. Kenley's story can be read on Rebecca's blog at: http://onepinkballoon.blogspot.com/2013/03/how-did-i-get-here.html"  Alison Roper, sorority sister to angel mama Rebecca.