For Love of Wren

"I received a Teeny Tears diaper when my daughter Wren was born at 19 weeks on December 18, 2012.

It meant so much to see Wren lovingly dressed in a diaper, blanket and hat and to later receive my own set as well. It felt like our loss was acknowledged and honoured. With so little time with Wren to make memories and gather mementos I knew that little diaper would become a treasure.

Later, at meetings at the hospital with bereavement nurse, I would think about other women and families losing their own babies there and I wished I could do something for them.

My sister and mother have taken on the project with me of sewing diapers and blankets in Wren’s memory. I have found both the act of sewing and the effort to bring others some measure of comfort to be very therapeutic."  ~Allison, angel mother to Wren

These diapers and blankets have been donated to Lois Hole Women's Hospital in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada in memory of Wren Margaret Nitchke.