For Love of Caleb


"On December 15, 2011, we went in for our 18 week ultrasound only expecting to find out the gender of our new arrival. Instead, we received the tragic news that our little boy had Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS or essentially half a heart) and only one kidney. We started discussing treatment options when he would arrive in May. Sadly, one month later, I stopped feeling movement and was informed that he no longer had a heartbeat. On January 19, 2012 Caleb was born to heaven weighing in at 1 lb. and measuring 12 in. 

My sweet angel boy was the inspiration for me to join Teeny Tears. I didn’t know about the organization until Heidi Vawdrey from Angel Babies took pictures and provided clothing for us in the hospital upon Caleb’s delivery. I knew right then that I needed to help continue the wonderful work of serving these special families in need." ~Vicki, angel mama to Caleb



The first donation of diapers donated in memory of Caleb Steven Alvey were 120 precious treasures were made for the families of:

Ridgeview Medical Center in Waconia, Minnesota
Methodist Hospital in St Louis Park, Minnesota
Park-Nicollet Clinics and Maple Grove Hospital in Maple Grove, Minnesota
Caleb's family donated a second collection of 60 diapers (and 41 blankets!) in his memory to families served by United Health Center of St. Paul, Minnesota.

As a small side note, when I received this blog submission, it took my breath away.  I realized that these diapers that were worn by precious Caleb were the very very very very first diapers that I had ever sewn and donated.  Cut by the Copper Oaks Young Women at Girls Camp.  I had given them Heidi for her families just a few months before Caleb was born.  The circle of love and service continues.  ~Megan, Founder of Teeny Tears

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful story and beautiful pictures. So sorry for your loss. Your baby boy was beautiful

nanayane said...

I had my babies, including my angel Natalia who also had HLHS, at Waconia Ridgeview. You little angel is beautiful!
~Elaine