For Love of Mara #19

"This donation is the start of a new tradition for me in sending out diaper donations. Last year, I ordered several different fabrics during the Black Friday sales. I washed them and folded them for use throughout the upcoming year, til I came to one fabric. I had managed to order the exact fabric that Mara's gown was made from - a simple pink and white checkered flannel. I had not realized it was the same fabric as it looked different in the online photos and I had not seen that particular print in the stores before. I was paralyzed with what to do with this fabric - I only had a yard or so of the fabric and then it would be gone. The fabric sat untouched for months. This past spring, I cut two small squares from the fabric to use in a baby quilt for Mara's new sibling but put the rest back in my flannel stash.

I ordered several yards of the fabric because now I have a plan - every donation I send out will include a set of the small diapers in the simple pink/white checkered fabric. It is a way for me to make each donation have a personal connection. I wish I would have had a diaper for my daughter, but I am so very grateful that someone took the time to make her a precious gown so she could be clothed." ~Katrina, angel mommy to Mara Grace

To read more about Mara, please click here.