For Love of Lael and Avery


"I found this group in October of 2012 after my sister-in-law lost her baby girl, Lael Gutierrez at 18 weeks. My heart fell & I wanted to do something in her honor. Well, life got the best of me during the holidays and I hadn't even sewn up 1 diaper. 

In January of 2013 I found out I was pregnant. I have 3 beautiful children from a previous marriage but this baby was our first. Brayson was nervous watching my tummy grow (it was his first all together). Our 18 week ultrasound came & my heart fell as we learned I had lost the baby just days before mother's day. Our daughter Avery was born with no nurse or MD in the room, just us & it was peaceful. I was very blessed to have delivered at the only hospital in San Antonio that carried these lil gems. 

Soon after Avery s birth I started sewing. I needed this group so much. It is honestly what has helped me to heal. My children help flip the diapers & even pin them. We talk about sister & how much we love her often. She is forever with me. 

With each donation of diapers, I send it off with a kiss & a prayer in my heart for the angel families and the staff of all these centers."   ~Naomi (mom of Avery Verzella & aunt to Lael Gutierrez)

486 diapers have been donated in memory of Lael and Avery for the families of:

Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas
Broward Health Medical Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City, New Mexico
Methodist Child and Heart/Methodist Hospital in San Antonio, Texas
Renown Regional Medical Center in Las Vegas, Nevada
University of Maryland  St. Joseph Medical Center in Towson, Maryland

For Las Vegas, Nevada