For Love of Julian Part #2, For Love of Richard

"Today I want to include a dear friend of mine, that I met at work. We are bonded in more ways than one. Our most recent bond was that I found out I was pregnant with our baby Alex in mid-May. She found out she was pregnant beginning of June. She held my hand after my life saving surgery. I made sure she was ok during the summer months. Beginning of September, she found out her baby was not ok. Baby was not as developed as it should be and after further imaging done by her doctor, they were told that the baby's brain was not developing. They were told that she would be delivering the baby soon, as the heart had a lot of fluid surrounding it. That night I sewed diapers for both boy and girl and buntings for each. I visited with her the next day and I presented her the diapers and buntings for when she did deliver, she would have them with her. We had a long talk that night, from one bereaved mother to one that was wishing and praying that the findings were false. A few days later she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named Angel Richard. He was dressed in the diaper and bunting that I had sewed especially for him.

I miss my son, Julian, more and more every day. It may seem as though I am ok but the leaves are turning yellow and I remember enjoying the colors two years ago as I held him in my belly, enjoying a Pumpkin Cappuccino, and my heart aches to hold my children. Life will definitely not be the same, as we lost what we prayed would be our rainbow baby, Alex, in June due to an ectopic pregnancy. Yes, life has been tough. Although neither of my children wore Teeny Tears diaper I am grateful that I found this organization and that I have been able to help two families in Prowers County Colorado with the loss of their babies."

Cynthia and Ralfie Rodriguez, angel parents to Julian and Alex


 60 diapers were donated by the Rodriguez family, in memory of Julian, for the families served by Memorial Hospital in Colorado Springs, Colorado